Starbucks brand and image plummeted after the CEO announced the company would hire 1000 Muslim refugees to protest President Donald Trump's immigration freeze, according to reports.
The coffee giant's consumer-perception levels have fallen by two-thirds since late January, Yahoo! Finance reports. The perception-tracker measures if respondents have "heard anything about the brand in the last two weeks, through advertising, news or word of mouth, was it positive or negative." In Starbucks' case, perception is still overall positive, but significantly lower than it was prior to CEO Howard Schultz published a public letter outlining the company's plans to give refugees jobs.
Schultz also vowed to hire men and women who are part of the DREAM (Development, Relief and Education for Alien Minors) Act, that is, they arrived illegally to the country as children.
Almost immediately after Schultz's open letter, calls for the boycott began.
"You are very wrong and stepped over my American line and beliefs. American First and forever," Business Insider quotes one protester.
Another wrote: "Hiring 10k refugees makes liberals feel warm BUT we have homeless vets that need those jobs.#BoycottStarbucks#ReasonsToProtest #MuslimBan."
Conservatives also boycotted Target when the retail giant announced they would allow transgender people to use the restroom/dressing room of their choice. Since the boycott started, the retailer "reported weaker-than-expected same-store sales during the holidays," according to Investor's Business Daily, with November-December same-store sales falling 1.3 percent compared to a year ago.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details