"Will a man rob God? Yet you have robbed Me. But you say, 'How have we robbed You?' In tithes and offerings" (Mal. 3:8, MEV).
As we launch into a new year, many of us are evaluating our goals, projects and plans for growth.
The driving factor to how we accomplish all that we have set our minds to do is how we utilize the time we have been given. We are all given the same portion of daily time. What we do with it is largely a matter of intention.
Some people get more things done than others. We've all heard the old aphorism, "If you want to get something done, give it to a busy person." Leaders have a conscious awareness of team members who get things done. In a crunch, we go to people who manage their time well.
I believe that the first key to good time management is tithing our time. I think time qualifies as a "good and perfect gift." I believe that giving back time to God is as important as our financial gifts. The lesson of tithing is to give back to God a portion of what He has given to us. Time is certainly a gift worthy of a tithe.
Imagine how we could impact the kingdom of God by simply following God's principle of tithing. If we consider that we are awake and doing something at least 16 hours every day, our time tithe would be 1.6 hours. If all of God's people gave one to two hours to kingdom work every day, do you think we would make progress? How many lives could be impacted?
Many of us are willing to sow money into kingdom projects, but we fail to give a gift of time. If we sow time, can we expect to receive time blessings? Does God "redeem the time?"
I think so. God says, "Test Me."
It seems to me that when I give my time to the Lord, He is always faithful to help me get the things done I had been fretting. When we tell God, "Ain't nobody got time for that," I think we will continue to feel a time shortage. There will never be enough time to only serve ourselves.
I want to make an impact in the kingdom of God.
It's going to take some time.
"To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven" (Ecclesiastes 3:1,MEV).
Platform Tip No. 145
Develop content for every place your audience may look for help.
Think about Google searches, media sources, review sites and topical sites.
Be there. Every day. Post fresh content.
Dr. Steve Greene is the publisher and executive vice president—Media Group, Charisma Media. Sign up here for Dr. Greene's newsletters.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer