One of the scariest words I know is "potential."
For many, the word potential is a burden. Perhaps the pressure comes from being born into a successful family. For others, the evidence of talent at a very young age becomes an expectation.
From baby nurseries to graduation exercises, I suppose the most noted thought of observers is the presence of unlimited potential.
After 30-plus years of working with college students, I've concluded there are very few markers for true potential. Leaders see potential in almost everyone they work with.
I remember a pastor told me once, "See that guy? He's 38 and has LOTS of potential." What that means is "he ain't done nothing yet."
It seems to me there's a lot of truth in that statement. The real difference in people is the realization of potential.
I think the fulfillment of potential has a lot to do with spiritual condition. There are certainly successful and talented heathens. And there are those who have moved away from God's presence who are doing well in their own eyes.
But human potential is limited without God. "To know Him and the power of His resurrection ..." seems to be the ultimate definition of potential.
He will direct our paths and provide favor along the way.
Help the new graduates in your life follow Jesus, and live a life of fulfilled potential.
P.S. Do you subscribe to Ministry Today? Will you please consider doing it?
With the link below you will receive my special publisher's offer. Our baseline subscription is $24.97. My offer to you is a one-year subscription (6 issues) for $10.00.
I'd like to know what you think of Ministry Today and would love to hear from you.
Please click here today for the Dr. Greene special.
"But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, the excellency of the power being from God and not from ourselves" (2 Cor. 4:7).
Platform Tip No. 110
In developing platform content, keep in mind that storytelling is an important tool in presenting your message.
It's not simply about storytelling, but rather telling true stories well.
Do you want to learn more about developing your personal platform?
For my free eBook 7 Reasons Your Organization Suffers from Marketing Malpractice, plus 3 Things to do NOW to Prevent Further Damage, click here.
Dr. Steve Greene is the publisher and executive vice president—Media Group, Charisma Media. Sign up here for Dr. Greene's newsletters.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.