EDITOR'S NOTE: This is the fifth of a five-part series "Why Leaders Should Practice the Presence of God." Each part of the series will focus on a quote from the Brother Lawrence classic, The Practice of the Presence of God. To view the other parts, click part 1, part 2, part 3 and part 4.
D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones asked a question in one of his sermons, "Is God in the midst of it?"
Is God in the middle of our meetings?
Is He in our thoughts as we contemplate a decision?
Is He in the front of our mind as we lead a training session?
We begin to answer these and other questions with our desire to invite him in. Many of us want to be included in important meetings. We like to be invited to lunches and social experiences. Even if we cannot attend, we appreciate the invitation.
Leaders frequently fail to invite the Holy Spirit to attend the next agenda item. We get busy and simply don't seek His presence.
We go to others to seek counsel but fail to consult the Lord in prayer and study.
Brother Lawrence offers this coaching:
"That the most excellent method he had found of going to GOD, was that of doing our common business without any view of pleasing men, [Gal. 1:.10; Eph. 6: 5, 6.] and (as far as we are capable) purely for the love of GOD."
When we are practicing the presence of God, we have little concern for pleasing men. Our heart becomes full of pleasing God.
We lead for the love of God.
We correct and train for the love of God.
We lead as servants for the love of God.
May the presence of the Lord be ever invited into the midst of our work day.
Lead us, Holy Spirit, that we may lead others into Your presence.
P.S. Do you subscribe to Ministry Today? Will you please consider doing it?
With the link below you will receive my special publisher's offer. Our baseline subscription is $24.97. My offer to you is a one-year subscription (6 issues) for $10.00.
I'd like to know what you think of Ministry Today and would love to hear from you.
Please click here today for the Dr. Greene special.
"By this we know the love of God: that He laid down His life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for the brothers" (1 John 3:16).
Platform Tip No. 109
People with strong platforms are lifelong learners.
Messages are developed from impartation, learning, and experiences.
Our message grows more relevant to people in need as we learn.
Do you want to learn more about developing your personal platform?
For my free eBook 7 Reasons Your Organization Suffers from Marketing Malpractice, plus 3 Things to do NOW to Prevent Further Damage, click here.
Dr. Steve Greene is the publisher and executive vice president—Media Group, Charisma Media. Sign up here for Dr. Greene's newsletters.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details