EDITOR'S NOTE: This is the third of a five-part series "Why Leaders Should Practice the Presence of God." Each part of the series will focus on a quote from the Brother Lawrence classic, The Practice of the Presence of God. To view the other parts, click part 1, part 2.
We can all probably remember being asked the question, "What do you want to be when you grow up?"
I remember my answer was "to play second base for the St. Louis Cardinals." I didn't quite make it. But surely there's a senior league somewhere for me in Florida. I just hope I can run the bases in my golf cart.
The "what do you want to be" question addresses a young person's thoughts about a career. The question is not focused on the word "be."
What a great question to ask early in the morning! "What do I want to BE today?"
Brother Lawrence challenged his 17th-century readers with this thought:
"That in order to form a habit of conversing with God continually, and referring all we do to Him, we must at first apply to Him with some diligence; but that after a little care we should find His love inwardly excite us to it without any difficulty."
I want to be with Him continually throughout this day. I choose to converse with Him and seek Him in all decisions set before me.
Leaders who want to BE with Him will lead with Him.
P.S. Do you subscribe to Ministry Today? Will you please consider doing it?
With the link below you will receive my special publisher's offer. Our baseline subscription is $24.97. My offer to you is a one-year subscription (6 issues) for $10.00.
I'd like to know what you think of Ministry Today and would love to hear from you.
Please click here today for the Dr. Greene special.
"Keep yourselves in the love of God while you are waiting for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ, which leads to eternal life" (Jude 1:21).
Platform Tip No. 107
When considering the efficacy of a platform, we need to not think in terms of short-term results.
The law of the harvest holds true in building a platform. We sow seeds and work the field for a season prior to harvest.
Our work is to continue to show up in the field and do the work. Keep showing up on platform to deliver your message.
Rain or shine, crops need tending.
Do you want to learn more about developing your personal platform?
For my free eBook 7 Reasons Your Organization Suffers from Marketing Malpractice, plus 3 Things to do NOW to Prevent Further Damage, click here.
Dr. Steve Greene is the publisher and executive vice president—Media Group, Charisma Media. Sign up here for Dr. Greene's newsletters.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.