One hallmark of an effective leader is predictability.
What mattered yesterday will matter today. When a strong leader is present, a sense of calm permeates the hallways. Calm occurs in a group because of the calm of one.
Progress in an organization occurs when a steady hand is at the helm. The ship doesn't dart starboard and then suddenly shift back. The compass point is fixed even in stormy seas. The leader sets sail for the next port while making the team feel at ease.
Of course, leadership is flexible and responds to opportunities, but flex can be executed with calm.
In the most difficult situations, a leader will emit the greatest sense of quiet confidence. The leader will always know the way out of a mess, even when he doesn't. A fire-tested leader doesn't seek additional fires but can and will respond to any fire with predictability.
It's consistency that matters most. At home, work or play a consistent leader will enjoy better outcomes. A leader has a keen sense of "how this will turn out." The leader knows the end by training, experience and deep-rooted faith.
As a leader, I know that I know, the Holy Spirit will lead me through and to peace. My leader calms my soul. I have great confidence in the direction I am being led by the Holy Spirit. I just need to remain.
Consistency cannot be faked. It is revealed. A team may not even be aware of the consistency of their leader but the team is aware of the calm.
Calm is the offspring of consistency.
If we follow the leading of the Holy Spirit, our destiny is very predictable.
"Then they cried out to the Lord in their trouble, and He saved them out of their distress. He made the storm calm, and the sea waves were still" (Ps. 107:28-29).
Platform Tip No. 31
Think of a platform as an attraction magnet.
The most powerful platforms have the most powerful magnets.
Of course, your magnet is your message.
Any platform will work with a powerful magnet. It's just physics.
Do you want to learn more about developing your personal platform?
Send for my free series of lessons titled, "The Fundamentals of Creating, Curating and Developing Content for Multiple Platforms." Send your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not share your email address with anyone.
Dr. Steve Greene is the publisher and executive vice president—Media Group, Charisma Media. Sign up here for Dr. Greene's newsletters.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.