There was a good show to watch on television last week. That in itself is news!
NBC released Dolly Parton's Coat of Many Colors last Thursday and delivered an audience of over 13 million viewers. It was the most watched film on broadcast television in almost five years. The movie is the first in a series of movies based on Dolly's songs.
Alyvia Alyn Lind was cast as the young, 9-year-old ball of fire, Dolly. We watched a 2015 rendition of Little House on the Prairie and cheered for the squirt as she fought, spat, kicked and sang her way through her struggles. She connected.
This movie brought a discussion of faith and family values back into the living rooms of a hurting America. We are desperate for an end to killings and the bad news that flows like a flooded river from our television sets.
To step back into a simpler time and place was therapeutic and encouraging.
The movie spoke often of faith. The message was soft but clearly spoken. I thought about it as a morning devotional. It reminded me of how I want to represent my faith to others. Dolly as a 9-year-old was already a leader in her family and in the classroom. She took stands even if it meant a trip to the woodshed with her father. She was a model of love and acceptance.
The faith of a leader is shown as much by what we won't do as it shows in what we will do.
We need more faith-based movies. More War Rooms and movies like God's Not Dead. The large viewing audience made it clear that we want Christian values in our homes.
The Coat of Many Colors is a welcome nudge into the reason for the season.
"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" (Heb 11:1).
Platform Tip No. 28
Compound interest is an investor's best friend.
Daily delivery of your message compounds the interest you demonstrate in your audience.
Every deposit will multiply over time.
Do you want to learn more about developing your personal platform?
Send for my free series of lessons titled, "The Fundamentals of Creating, Curating and Developing Content for Multiple Platforms." Send your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is an exclusive offer to Ministry Today and "Greenelines" readers.
We will not share your email address with anyone.
Dr. Steve Greene is the publisher and executive vice president—Media Group, Charisma Media. Sign up here for Dr. Greene's newsletters.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.