Despite the housing slump, reports from spending in July could mean the economy is heading in a good direction.
The Commerce Department announced Aug. 29 that consumer spending grew 0.8 percent in July—news that will likely help ease fears of another recession.
Since this type of spending accounts for about 70 percent of economic activity, economists say the latest growth is a sign of an economic rebound.
July's spending and income figures "significantly alter the outlook for third-quarter GDP growth," said Paul Dales, a senior U.S. economist for Capital Economics.
Car and appliance sales led the way in an increase in consumer spending last month.
The economy also showed signs of progress in other areas, adding 117,000 net jobs in July.
Spending on retail goods also rose faster last month than in any month since March.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details