Jane Marczewski—the singer who garnered widespread acclaim when "America's Got Talent" judge Simon Cowell awarded her with the golden buzzer—is offering hope amid her own battle against cancer.
Marczewski, a.k.a. Nightbirde, left the competition before the live performances began to receive further cancer treatment. She has nevertheless maintained a faithful following.
In a recent Instagram post, the Christian singer-songwriter shared a message of hope, revealing a lesson she learned in college about making sure her life "would have meaning, even if no one ever knew it."
"A journalism professor in a long gray sweater taught me the difference between a story worth writing and a public relations stunt," she wrote. "A real story still has meaning even if no one else hears it; a PR stunt only matters if people are watching. And that became a new item on the list of promises to myself: That I would never let my life become a public relations stunt. My life would have meaning, even if no one ever knew it. I wanted to write a story I was proud of, even if nobody read it."
Marczewski, 30, chronicled her years of hoping against hope, of dreaming only to see those very visions vanish before her eyes. Even still, she encouraged people to press on.
"Dreams shatter, and eyelashes fall out, and lungs aren't big enough to carry the song sometimes," she wrote. "But I still wake up in the morning and draw my hopes on the sidewalk. And every time so far, they've been trampled over, or hosed off, or the rain rolled all of it over the curb. But I pick more flowers, write more stories, dream more dreams."
"After all that's been destroyed, maybe it's foolish to still be speaking this way, but at least I'm a fool with a soul alive," the recording artist continued. "I swing open the doors on my chest and I offer to the world the only thing that I can: myself. I get it now. We are not all we wish we were, but we are here, and we are trying, and we are awake. We are not public relations stunts. We are stories worth hearing, even with no crowd in the stands for us. We are the heroes. We are the poem, we are the song, we are the gift."
When she first auditioned, Marczewski told the "AGT" judges she had been given a 2% chance of survival, later revealing she weighed only 82 pounds and was relegated to eating raw liver to increase her iron levels.
Nightbirde has, nevertheless, sought hope.
In mid-August, she made a surprise appearance on "AGT." Marczewski called into the show, where Cowell told the singer she had "already won," despite having to leave the competition.
For the rest of this article, visit our content partners at faithwire.com.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details