In Matthew 7:21, Jesus said, "Not everyone that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven, but he that doeth the will of my father which is in heaven."
Will you be one of the professing Christians who will be surprised on Judgment Day when God says, "I never knew you, depart from me?" (Matt. 7:23) The question is a serious matter, and it's one that all people who claim to know Christ should ponder right now.
In this video from Lion of Judah Ministries, the narrator focuses on the potentially frightening scriptural passages of Matthew 7, as well as James 2:19-20, which reads, "You believe that there is one God; you do well. The demons also believe and tremble. But do you want to b e shown, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead?"
"These passages of scripture focus on believers," the narrator says. "These passages of scripture tell us that there will be some people who are surprised on the Day of Judgment. Who exactly are these people? They are the people who attended church, they are the people who claimed to be the children of God. But the Bible tells us they are the people who will be surprised by the things that happen on Judgment Day.
"The truth is, what really matters in salvation is not one's prayer that they made 20 years ago. Salvation is not a mere verbal confession and it is not spiritual works. Salvation is not prophesying nor is it casting out devils. But salvation is knowing the one and only way to God the Father. Salvation is knowing Jesus and being known by Him. Salvation is your connection to Jesus Christ.
"Faith is something God can produce in you through the Holy Spirit. It is God that opens your eyes to His grace and gives you the means to have faith. Belief without following the Lord Jesus Christ is simply belief. Anyone can believe in God intellectually. There are plenty of people out there who believe in Him and hate Him. The Bible is clear that we must believe and that we must follow."
For more of this eye-opening message, watch the video above.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details