Yesterday's news that CBN founder and senior statesman Pat Robertson, 91, is stepping down from his role as co-host of the long-running The 700 Club brought heartfelt responses from faith leaders, who took to social media to share their thoughts.
Franklin Graham, president and CEO of both the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association and Samaritan's Purse, thanked Robertson via a tweet:
Today Pat Robertson celebrated 60 yrs of the Christian Broadcasting Network—& announced that, at 91, he would no longer be hosting @700Club. Thank you Pat, for your faithfulness, life, & the impact you've had on our nation. May God continue to bless you! https://t.co/tH98OWKQTz— Franklin Graham (@Franklin_Graham) October 2, 2021
Megachurch pastor Jentezen Franklin of the Free Chapel, based in Gainesville, Georgia, tweeted out kind words and a photo of an appearance with Robertson on The 700 Club:
Pat Robertson has poured his heart and soul into publicly proclaiming the love of Christ on @700club for 60 years. Incredible! Thank you, Pat, for your faithful service in the Kingdom of God. pic.twitter.com/pFjY8LJhbe— Jentezen Franklin (@Jentezen) October 1, 2021
Oral Roberts University President Billy Wilson's tweet congratulated Robertson on his faithful service and also offered good wishes for the future:
Congratulations to Pat Robertson on the 60th anniversary of CBN's first broadcast. We honor his faithful service as daily host of @700club. Pat has been a friend of @OralRobertsU since our beginning 56 years ago. Today we cheer him on as he embraces his next season of service.— Billy Wilson (@WilsonBilly) October 1, 2021
Perhaps one of the most telling responses came from Robertson's granddaughter Abigail, a reporter on The 700 Club, who shared her gratitude and hope in a tweet:
Today on the 60th anniversary of the @700Club being on air, my wonderful grandfather Pat Robertson announced his retirement from TV. I'm so grateful for the years I've had working w/ him and I can't wait to see what God has in store for him & CBN in this new season to come! ❤️ pic.twitter.com/Q2wLgFTCE9— Abigail Robertson (@AbigailCBN) October 1, 2021
Country and gospel vocal quartet The Oak Ridge Boys also responded to Robertson's news in a tweet:
For more on Robertson's life and career, check out his recent book, I Have Walked With the Living God, available at patroberstonbooks.com.
Follow breaking news like this on our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details