Growing up with older brothers who seemed highly successful, Greg DeVries always felt like he couldn't measure up. In high school, he turned to drugs, alcohol and a party lifestyle. He tried college, and he tried the Marines but kept coming back to the only thing he was "successful" at, and that was being a party boy. He says, "That was the one thing that I was really good at in my life." It really goes without saying but that "success" would be short-lived. DeVries' life began to spin completely out of control.
As his troubles began to mount, DeVries' father wrapped his arms around him and wept over him. He had heard of a ministry in North Alabama that could provide his son with a safe environment and the opportunity to find surrender, hope and help in Christ to successfully conquer addiction. On his third night at Outreach Ministries of Alabama, DeVries cried out to Jesus for forgiveness and freedom, and a powerful journey began that continues to this day.
Today, DeVries and his wife, Gretchen, pastor the Well Family Worship Center in Scottsboro, Alabama. The well is experiencing the fires of revival and raising up, training and sending out young people to the nations of the world.
In this episode of Conquer Addiction, Ken Pounders and Greg DeVries discuss the ongoing move of God that characterizes Devries' life and ministry. The Conquer Addiction podcast podcast on the Charisma Podcast Network provides real answers to the drug epidemic. You can find more resources at omainc.org.
Ken and Sonya Pounders are the hosts of the Conquer Addiction podcast on the Charisma Podcast Network. They serve as directors of Outreach Ministries of Alabama INC., a Christian discipleship training center for young men overcoming addictions. OMA Inc., recently celebrated its 50th anniversary as a ministry. Ken is also a 1983 graduate of Outreach Ministries of Alabama. Ken and Sonya have devoted themselves to new church planting, missionary evangelism and residential discipleship ministry in the United States, Eastern Europe, Asia and Central America for 37 years. They reside in Valhermoso Springs, Alabama and have five children and three grandchildren.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details