Many missionaries, pastors, leaders and businesspeople in the church are burning out because they don't have boundaries set up in their lives. In the church, we tend to take on the mentality of "lay down everything," "give of yourself until there is nothing left," and we spiritualize it with the Scriptures.
Yes, there is truth to not being obsessed with self and caring for others more than ourselves. But we won't have anything to give if we are running on empty and are tired to the point of spiritual, mental and physical exhaustion.
On this episode of Awaken Podcast, Michael Lombardo speaks with Havilah Cunnington about the necessity of boundaries and how they are, in fact, spiritual. God has placed boundaries in the earth, and they are a means of protecting that which is valuable. The purpose of boundaries isn't to say no to people around us, and we aren't meant to use them as an excuse to be lazy, as some may. Boundaries are meant to cause of us to be single-minded and focused on what God has created and called us to do so we aren't expending energy in areas we weren't meant to.
Make sure to tune in so you can learn how to truly walk in your calling with fervency, vigor and life for all of your days instead of experiencing burnout.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details