Do you want to hear God's voice and prophesy but don't know where to begin? If you desire greater intimacy with Jesus and encounters with him, you will learn a lot from my friend, Kathy DeGraw. I had the honor of having her on my podcast, Adventures in the Spirit recently as we talked about the prophetic. And it was an honor for me to endorse her new book, Prophetic Spiritual Warfare.
During a two-year period, she spent time in God's presence and started sharing details on how people can conquer and overcome spiritual warfare. I asked her how God led her into the prophetic, and she said, "At first I ran from [my prophetic calling] because I had seen it distorted so many times. But when I repented and embraced it, it really activated the prophetic and spiritual warfare to see breakthrough happen in less than five minutes."
She continued, saying, "I would see into the spiritual realm and pray into it. I started partnering with the Holy Spirit, asking Him, 'What do you want me to do from what I am seeing?' When He tells you, you must be faithful and obedient to what He was leading."
When Kathy shared about a face-to-face encounter with Jesus, I knew I had to ask for details. I understand that a face-to-face encounter with Jesus is life changing, as I'd shared about my encounter before. I told her that I would love to hear about her Jesus encounter.
She responded, saying, "During a two year period, I just sought Him, dialoguing with Him back and forth. I was prostrate on the floor, seeing Him face-to-face. I'd had times where I felt like I was at the location of the cross. There were times where the anointing oil was supernaturally on my hands when I saw His face. I just wanted Jesus! I'd had a 45 minute encounter in heaven with the Lord. ... It all came out of purity of wanting to know the greatest team of three we can know: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit."
Kathy shared principles of having a warrior's heart to move in the prophetic.
1. Know who Father God is, having a heart of love. 1 John 4:8 says, "Anyone who does not love does not know God, for God is love."
2. Receive God's love. First John 3:1 says, "Consider how much love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God. Therefore the world does not know us, because it did not know Him."
3. Get into a position of inner healing and deliverance. Psalm 51:10 says, "Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me."
Not only did she share these principles, but she gave insight on how you can see in the Spirit and activates you to prophesy! It was a power-packed episode with my friend Kathy. Listen, subscribe and share this episode available on Apple, Spotify, Google, Charisma, YouTube and anywhere you listen to podcasts.
Jared Laskey, M.Div., M.A. in Christian Ministry, is the founder of Fireborn Ministries and host of the Adventures in the Spirit podcast. He lives to see Jesus awaken this generation to the power of the Holy Spirit. Jared loves teaching people how to hear God. He has recently published the Spirit-Empowered Journal, available on Amazon, and e-courses Entry Level Prophecy, The Last Days, The Baptism with the Holy Spirit and more on charismacourses.com.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details