An overflow of love and support for former Casting Crowns drummer Andy Williams has flooded the Christian rock band's social media accounts as members of the body pray for his recovery and for strength as his family endures this trial.
The band posted on Facebook Thursday afternoon saying the intercession on Williams' behalf is "so appreciated" and to visit his church, Grace Chapel Fairview, for updates.
"Thank you all for your continued prayers, love, and support! We are thankful for this community of believers that will lift up our brother and his family in this critical time!" the band wrote:
Williams, after suffering his horrific motorcycle accident, had been transported to the hospital where he lay unconscious. He underwent an emergency leg surgery that resulted in an above the knee amputation, according to the church's Facebook update.
"We are praying for complete and total healing for this amazing husband, father and music teacher!! He has poured his life into lifting up every person he meets. Let's all gather around to pray and support his family through this unbelievable trial," the post read.
"There are so many unknowns about the future, but we serve a God who knows what Andy will face," it continued. To that end, the church prompted those who felt led to visit the GoFundMe account to donate, with an end goal of raising $250,000 to offset medical costs. At time of publication, supporters had raised nearly $23,000.
The post concluded, "If you are unable to give, we covet your unending prayers for Andy Williams! Thank you for loving the Williams family so beautifully at this time. May God richly bless you!"
In a follow-up post, the church shared how the faith community around the world tuned into its special prayer service dedicated to Williams' healing. Supporters from India, England, Ireland and "beyond" joined the online service. The church said Williams' wife Kelly, their two boys and the rest of their families are "exhausting every resource" to care for him.
"While receiving the medical teams opinions and evaluations of his condition the family felt a tangible peace from The Lord," the post continued. "Our prayer today is that the family will NOT have to make any decisions and that God would make those decisions for them."
Those who wish to follow Williams' recovery are urged to check the church social media accounts and join the Charisma staff in praying for his healing, for the family's peace and strength and for the Lord's presence to touch the situation.
Follow breaking news like this and more in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details