The biblical scribe can be defined as the administrative, instructional and creative backbone of the congregation. Like a tapestry, their thread runs through every piece of fabric, often only appreciated when the finished, collective work is completed.
They are integral in helping us not only preserve and protect the legacy and heritage of Scripture, but also in chronicling the continuation of the book of Acts with a prophetic eye, discerning the times and seasons and validating the historical records associated with them.
Jesus' admonition in Matthew 13:52 (HCSB) reminds us that being "instructed in the kingdom of heaven" is critically prophetic, time-sensitive and tied to the changing of seasons. As a result, the release of the scribal anointing, the 21st-century revelation of the office of the prophetic scribe, is critical to the body in heaven and earth.
Here are 12 practical reasons why the congregation needs prophetic scribes in the congregation today:
1. To initiate and activate the ministry of recall and remembrance concerning the things God has said and done.
2. To leave a memorial for generations to come.
3. To serve as a witness to, a chronicler of and herald for the Lord's miracles, signs and wonders among His people in each generation.
4. To document prophecy and its fulfillment from a personal and corporate perspective; direction, navigation and reflection.
5. To preserve accurate histories, genealogies and chronologies of people, events and movements that are critical to the faith and the times in each generation.
6. To provide administrative guidance and support for the congregation and the marketplace in the world system.
7. To provide ordered, strategic and comprehensive instruction concerning the faith and issues related to life and godliness on all levels of learning.
8. To chronicle and archive the history of the church for the purpose of legacy, learning and continuing the story of God.
9. To ensure that the testimony of Jesus Christ is published for the exhortation, encouragement uplifting and hope of individuals and the congregation.
10. To define, extend and expand the reach of the gospel through recording, writing, digital expression and more through every technological means available in that generation.
11. To develop repositories or treasure houses in the earth for the preservation of the histories of the congregation.
12. To serve as gatekeepers, watchers and exhorters over the scribal realm.
Listen to this episode of Chamber of the Scribe with Theresa Harvard Johnson on Charisma Podcast Network for more on the scribal anointing.
Theresa Harvard Johnson is the founder of The School of the Scribe and progenitor of The Scribal Anointing® teachings, the 21st-century revelation of the office of the prophetic scribe. Theresa has authored more than 25 books to help prophetic scribes make sense of their calling, taught thousands of scribes globally and developed safe spaces online and in person to foster unity in Christ, community, prophetic scribal culture and mentorship. Theresa holds an M. Div. in biblical studies and an M. A. in professional writing. She is also the senior leader of The Scribal Conservatory Arts & Worship Center. She is a passionate poet, artist and a former award-winning print journalist. Connect with Theresa at the Chamber of the Scribe podcast on the Charisma Podcast Network.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details