The leader of Oak Cliff Bible Fellowship sees the downward spiral America is following, and he says it's time to stop it in its tracks.
A main factor contributing to the evolution of an increasingly godless culture, Pastor Tony Evans says, is a rejection of God's truth. And even more than that, a suppression of it.
"We reject and suppress the truth because it doesn't agree with our way, apart from God," Evans said during a recent sermon on Romans 1:18-25.
But, Evans said, "there's only one infinite absolute source. And that's God. So He's the only one who can be absolutely true every time about everything."
The danger comes "when you do not have a standard of truth," because then "you blow with the wind. You blow with opinion polls, your vote; you blow with the survey; you blow with the emotions."
Evans, who also spoke at the Send Conference co-hosted by SBC missions agencies International Mission Board and North American Mission Board, told his congregation that guilt drives the need to "get rid of God."
"And the reason that people suppress truth is so they can get rid of God. Because if they get rid of God, they can get rid of guilt," he proclaimed. "Because God will make you feel guilty about His truth and our actions."
Unfortunately, he continued, darkness follows the rejection of God.
"So the further your life— your family, this city, this nation, this world—rejects God, the darker things get.
"Because if they can get rid of God as He defines Himself to be, they can create God in their own image while they suppress the truth.
Through the relentless attacks against God and His character, "the church is being challenged."
Evans issued a call for believers to arise in righteousness, seeking truth and standing up to cancel culture that would love nothing more than to snuff out the voice of the Lord. This theme is infused into the upcoming "No More Excuses Men's Conference" held at OCBF Church June 19. Along with Evans, Benjamin Watson, Samuel Rodriguez, Anthony Evans and Jonathan Evans are slated to speak. More information can be found here.
Evans offered partings words as meditation for his congregation's hearts: "Make me a person of the truth: to want to know the truth, to want to speak the truth—to do it with love, kindness, compassion, but with clarity."
Read more stories like this one and more in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
For more information on how you can fight back against cancel culture, make sure to get a copy of what Charisma founder and CEO Stephen Strang says is his most important book yet. God and Cancel Culture releases Sept. 7, the day after Labor Day, wherever fine books are sold. Pre-order it at stevestrangbooks.com or on Amazon.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details