Can there really be witchcraft within the church? Yes. What I am about to tell you is not about witches coming to your church, but rather about outspoken curses from brothers and sisters—word curses.
The Bible says in James 3:9-10 (NIV): "With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse human beings, who have been made in God's likeness. Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers and sisters, this should not be."
Woe to Those Who Call Good Evil
The other day, I was working in my garden cleaning out weeds. As I did, I talked with the Lord. Suddenly, I heard the Lord say: "Woe to those who call good evil!" I was surprised by His words and went inside to look up Isaiah 5:20-21 (KJV): "Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! Woe unto them that are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight!"
This is a powerful yet terrifying word. Often, we read this Scripture out of a World-perspective, as people who do not know the Lord call evil things for good. But how many times have we not heard a brother or a sister call what someone else is doing for the Lord bad or evil? Servants of the Lord are being called "false," and what they do for the Lord, "their own thing." That kind of talk is straightforward prejudgments over another human being. Instead, use your spiritual wisdom and soft words coming from a discerning, loving heart toward others.
God Is About to Cleanse His Church
The Lord is raising up a new generation which is bold and courageous, who will run boldly with revival fire. There is a global awakening going on right now, and the bride is making herself ready to see the bridegroom, Jesus.
Therefore, be careful and watch your mouth! Just because the Lord's move does not look the way you want it to or because it does not immediately fit in your "box," it does not mean the Lord has lost control. Even if God uses "the wrong person" in your eyes, take heed that you do not call good for evil, light for darkness or sweet for bitter.
We all need to examine our hearts and mouths. Otherwise, we might find ourselves unconsciously releasing word curses, or even witchcraft, over our fellow brothers and sisters in the Lord.
God is doing a marvelous work on the earth today. Do not stand against it. Welcome it, even though you do not recognize it at first. Release blessings and joy instead of cursing one another.
Listen to this podcast episode of Reformation Scandinavia on Charisma Podcast Network, where guest pastor Candice Smithyman discusses true Jesus-reformation and what are the hindrances within the four walls of the church today.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details