A crucial and continuous lesson in your walk with the Lord is learning to recognize and discern between curses and blessings. You must be able to tell the difference between when God speaks and when man or the enemy speaks.
It's possible for a person to claim to be prophesying over you and speaking to you from God's wisdom, when in reality, they are cursing you. You may have even experienced this exact problem. It may look like this: A person tells you they have a Word from God for you, but when they start speaking, it is negative, disastrous and does not align with God's Scriptures. Unfortunately, this opens the door for you to actually accept this curse and walk right into something the Lord never wanted for you.
Be cautious! Never allow people you do not trust to speak prophetic words over you. Even when someone you trust gives you a prophetic word, weigh the words that are spoken over you. Always stand against and dispel the power of curses spoken over you. Often, curses come true because you accidentally stand in agreement with them. When you learn not to do that, you remain in God's freedom. If someone speaks something negatively over you and you start living in fear because of it, you are agreeing with a curse and allowing it to have power over your life.
Scripture says, "For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength" (1 Cor. 1:25, NIV). When God speaks to you, you can trust His wisdom more than any other source. That is why it is important to grow in your discernment and ability to recognize God's voice.
When you believe you are hearing from the Lord, compare what you are hearing to Scripture and what you've learned about the character of God. Does the prophecy you are receiving match with what God says about you and your future? Or does the prophecy degrade you, cause you to lose hope or speak of tragedies that will occur in your life? These are likely not from God. Do not allow for them to have a hold on you or your life.
Once you identify God's blessings, take hold of it and do not let it go. Obey Him. Speak His truths over your life. This is how you can walk in His blessings instead of the enemy's curses.
Listen to this episode of Dream Church Live with Isik Abla on the Charisma Podcast Network now.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details