In this podcast, Dr. Mike Hutchings and Leif Hetland share their experiences and insight in working with post-traumatic church disorder. "In my experience, over 50% of the people requesting prayer were experiencing symptoms of PTCD. Many were pastors, parishioners or church members who were under controlling or abusive leaders."
If you aren't sure if you are suffering from PTCD, you can ask yourself the following questions:
1. Does it still haunt you today? Do you have nightmares about it?
2. Do you experience anxiety attacks when you're triggered?
3. Does it affect the way you think, feel or the environments in which you feel comfortable?
The American Medical Association provided a medical link between childhood abuse and the onset of addiction later in life. This could be drugs, alcohol, pornography, gambling, workaholism and various other addictions. Behavior management doesn't work with this disorder because trauma actually needs to be healed from the root.
Father God wants to heal the brokenhearted and set people free from trauma and addiction. The love of the Father wants to heal soul-wounds because people are not defined by what has happened to them but by their identity in Christ.
"The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me because the Lord has anointed me to preach good news to the poor; He has sent me to heal the broken-hearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound" (Isa. 61:1).
Over the past seven years, over 12,000 people have received healing as a result of Mike Hutchings prayer ministry for people suffering from PTCD and PTSD. If you or someone you love needs prayer, you can visit godhealsptsd.com and submit a request for ministry. If you're interested in learning more about PTCD, click here to check out Mike Hutching's book, Supernatural Freedom From the Captivity of Trauma. You can also listen to this episode of Kingdom Family Talks with Leif Hetland on the Charisma Podcast Network to hear more from Hutchings on post-traumatic church disorder.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details