Romans 8:15 says, "For you have not received the spirit of slavery again to fear. But you have received the Spirit of adoption, by whom we cry, 'Abba, Father.'"
Sometimes we have to ask ourselves if we really know that we have a good Father in heaven. Often, the emotional trauma caused by the betrayal, abandonment and infidelity of our earthly fathers blinds us to the reality of our wonderful heavenly Father who is always calling those who have gone astray.
Being the byproduct of a dysfunctional family may make it difficult for some people to understand the concept of both good and father in relation to each other.
We, too, often have the attitude of a servant, even though we have been fully accepted and welcomed into our Father's house. All He has is ours. Operating from this belief exposes that we do not really know the heart of our Father. In order to know His true nature, we must spend time in His presence.
If any of my children walk into my house, they know they are welcome to anything in my fridge. They don't ask or hesitate or feel self-conscious. They know that whatever belongs to their father also belongs to them.
In the same way, Papa God has adopted us as His sons and daughters. Therefore, we have access to everything that belongs to Him. We are the only ones who stand in the way of our inheritance, and we do this when we disqualify ourselves from what rightfully belongs to us as a result of our adoption.
You are a beloved son or daughter, adopted as an heir to the King. This is not a position you are working toward but a place from which you get to live now.
I challenge you to write down this declaration and say it every day for the next 30 days.
I am not an orphan. I am a son (or daughter).
I am not a slave. I am a son (or daughter)!
All that You have is mine. You are my loving Father.
There is nothing I can do that can take Your love from me.
There is nothing I can do to make You love me.
It is not about doing. You love me because I am yours!
If you're interested in growing in your identity, click here to check out the book Healing the Orphan Spirit.
Listen to this episode of Kingdom Family Talks with Leif Hetland titled Healing the Orphan Spirit on the Charisma Podcast Network today.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details