"Why doesn't God just give everyone a vision of hell? Wouldn't everyone be saved once they witnessed this actual place the Bible describes? Everyone would go to heaven, and no one would suffer in hell. It's not fair that only some people receive a vision from God."
These are just some of the statements people make in regard to spiritual visions and the salvation of mankind. It sounds so easy and solves the ongoing, moral dilemma of people being cast into hell for eternity. This would be the obvious solution to God's problem with mankind and their rejection of Jesus Christ. A vision of hell would save everyone and cause them to turn from their sinful lifestyles, repent of their unbelief and profess their need for Jesus. Or would it?
The Bible says that hearing the gospel is what saves a person. If God gave a vision of hell to an unbeliever, they would of course know hell is real and God exists. They would gain a mental awareness of this reality. However, there would be no faith needed once they witnessed hell. How do we reconcile the fact that faith is a requirement for salvation? Since the Bible says that faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God, having a vision of hell would not bring about faith in a person. A vision of hell would certainly shock and terrify a person. They would certainly be filled with fear and concern. Out of desperation they might even begin to seek out God. They also might not.
It's only a relationship with God through Jesus Christ that saves people. Jesus died in our place, taking our sins upon His flesh to wash away our sins with His blood. Each person must repent of their sins, ask forgiveness and trust in what Jesus did on the cross. This is how we are made right with God and become adopted into His family. A vision will not save a person. Only the gospel message of Jesus Christ will.
For more on visions, hell and salvation, listen to 23 Minutes in Hell on the Charisma Podcast Network.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details