It breaks my heart to know that there are believers around the world who have a distorted view of our heavenly Father. Many picture him to be an angry deity in the sky who is quick to anger and slow to lovingkindness, when in fact, the Scriptures express the exact opposite.
When many view God and Jesus, they see Jesus as the good cop that has come to rescue us and God as the bad cop looking to punish us. This mindset has been propagated by theologians and pastors around the world, and it has corrupted the minds of believers everywhere.
The chief attribute of God is love according to the Scriptures. In His great love for a sinful world, He sent His only begotten Son to bring us back to Him. There is no difference between Jesus and His Father: They are one. Jesus is no different than His Father, and they were both equally vital in the finished work of Christ.
God desires that none perish and all come to eternal life. We know this about God, and it is spelled out clearly in the Word, but many would ask "What about the fear of God? ... What about His wrath?" These are all very important questions, and it is critical that we never throw away these biblical realities in the name of God's love.
At the same time, it is equally as vital that we rightly define these glorious realities.
On this episode of Awaken Podcast, I speak with pastor and author Brian Zahnd about the nature of God to love and to keep loving relentlessly. We discuss how there isn't a dark side of God hiding behind Jesus. We break down fundamental realities like the wrath of God and godly fear in a biblical manner, bringing light and clarity to it brilliantly.
Tune in to find out more.
Follow breaking news like this and more in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details