Spiritual discernment is absolutely paramount in the everyday life of the believer. Some have a natural gifting or propensity toward discernment, but every believer can acutely train their spiritual senses to discern good and evil like the Scriptures state.
The gift that is often ignored in many church circles today is the gift of the discerning of spirits. In some cases, it is over spiritualized, and in other cases, it is completely misunderstood and therefore not pursued. There are believers all over the world who have this gift strongly functioning in them, but they are overwhelmed by it because they are ill-equipped to steward it in a healthy and biblical way.
There are different kinds of prophetic discerners, and one is called "the feeler." This gift expresses the deeply emotive nature of God beautifully. As His children, we are created in His image and likeness, and since we experience a myriad of emotions, we can be confident that God does as well, and you see it all throughout Scripture.
The Bible tells us that God sings and dances over us; Jesus was anointed with the oil of joy, and He was also a man of sorrows, moved by compassion in many instances; and we see glimpses of God's anger as well. These are all expressions and manifestations of God's emotions. The feeler often senses through their emotions what is taking place in the atmosphere around them and the feelings of others they encounter.
This can be extremely overwhelming for those who don't know how to wield the gift in the strength of the Lord and especially for those who are broken and hurting with a negative emotional life to begin with.
On the latest episode of Awaken Podcast, Michael Lombardo speaks with James Goll about the power of the feeler anointing and how we as believers need to receive healing from the Lord, so we can properly steward this gift the way God intended. Not only that, but it is vital that those who are feelers don't come under the weight of all they discern, but they rise above in the power of the Spirit and shift the atmospheres they are in.
This is especially true for prophetic intercessors who carry burdens with the Lord in prayer. To find out more about this deep and necessary subject, tune into the latest show.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details