We had no formal missionary training and knew nothing about the Kurdish people of northern Iraq. But in 2008 at a Passion Conference, God spoke loudly to our hearts that He was calling us to move to the Middle East to share the message of Jesus with these people who identified themselves as "the orphans of the universe."
Within a few short months, we had quit our comfortable jobs, packed two suitcases and were flying across the ocean to a Middle Eastern village lined with olive trees and inhabited by traditional Kurdish men and women.
Why did we do it? The short answer is that we had already given our "yes" to God. Before He ever asked, He knew our answer.
When you search the pages of Scripture, you will discover that nearly all the difference-makers followed a similar pattern. They said "yes" with their very lives, no matter the cost.
Abraham said yes to leaving everything he had ever known and moving to a foreign land.
Isaiah said yes when God was looking for someone He could send as a messenger.
Mary said yes to a scandalous pregnancy.
The disciples said yes to leaving everything in order to follow Jesus, and after Jesus ascended to heaven, they continued to live out their yes by going into all the world to preach the gospel.
Jesus, our ultimate example, said yes to God in every moment of his life. He existed in the form of God, yet he said yes to becoming human. He said yes in both mundane and miraculous moments. Most of all, he said yes to the cross.
On this episode of Yes Comes First on the AIMS.ORG podcast, you will be challenged and inspired to give God your yes.
Listen to this episode of the AIMS.ORG podcast titled, Yes Comes First on the Charisma Podcast Network.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details