The day was Oct. 1, 2016, a Sabbath day—Saturday, at noon, to be exact. I was quietly soaking in the Spirit's presence in a back room at my church when the Lord began to speak to me about Donald Trump. Personally, I was considering voting for Ted Cruz. Nonetheless, I was not considering Trump as my prospective choice.
The Lord began to speak, not audibly, but in that still small voice, like a whisper upon my heart. He said to me, "Donald Trump is like Jacob, whose name means 'supplanter, schemer, twister.'" God told me that Hillary's conscience was seared, and there was no place in her heart for Him to reach. However, Trump (whose first name means "world leader") had a part of his heart that the Lord could reach. He had honored his father and mother, and as a father and grandfather himself, he loved his children and grandchildren. The Lord let me see that Trump has a father's heart, and it is that part of his heart which thinks like a father would think; it was that part of his heart that God the Father could use.
The Lord said He would send His angel to wrestle with Trump, just like Jacob wrestled with the angel. He would give him a new name, just like Jacob was given the name Israel (which means "prince of the kingdom"). It became clear to me that Donald Trump was God's anointed to execute whatever plan He had in mind.
I wrote down the word and spoke it to friends and family. I met with Donald Trump Jr. the following week at a fundraiser and gave him this revelation on a plain sheet of white paper in an envelope to give to his dad.
We all know what happened on Election Day, Nov. 8, 2016.
I asked the Lord, "Did Donald Trump ever receive the letter I gave to his son?" He told me to look up his acceptance speech early in the morning of Nov. 9. I did so, and there I saw Trump at the podium with Mike Pence on the left side and Barron Trump, his youngest son, on the right side of the screen. Trump knows media. He knows a picture is worth a thousand words. By having his youngest son on the podium with him, Trump was showing the world he was a father. God told me "He got the letter," and the message it contained.
As a dad, I want to share with you a short story that really touched my heart. My youngest son, Samuel, brought me to tears one day after he had given his dissertation on why he was a believer, and the panel of judges, after the dissertation, asked him what he wanted to be when he grew up. He said all he wanted to be was a father when he grew up. He wanted to have many children. Hearing those words, I was undone. My son had the Father's heart.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details