"Your papers please." If the current administration has their way, this will be the phrase spoken before we can board a plane, travel across state lines, receive medical help and more. It is the same phrase spoken, and accepted, during the days before the Holocaust.
April 8 is Holocaust Remembrance Day. It is a day often overlooked by most Americans because it is something that didn't affect most of us personally. Sadly, that same era is being ushered in by the Biden administration which will affect every American personally.
Many liberal universities in America and Britain teach students the Holocaust never happened. According to a 2019 poll, 1 in 20 people in Britain have bought that lie. According to Newsweek magazine, one-third of Americans have and don't believe six million Jews were murdered during the Holocaust.
Hitler would have been proud. In his manifesto, Mein Kampf, he explained the propaganda technique and power of telling big bold lies. It is a technique which has been used so effectively by the media and the left today.
According to the manifesto, "The Big Lie works because the masses are easily manipulated in their emotions...they more readily fall victim to the big lie than the small lie since they themselves often tell small lies in little matters but would be ashamed to resort to large-scale falsehoods."
There is an urgency that we remember and learn from history. The Holocaust was a genocide perpetrated by the German Nazi regime against European Jews between 1941-1945. Six million Jews were murdered in death camps, concentration camps, ghettos, killing fields and elsewhere.
The most insidious location was Auschwitz-Birkenau which became Nazi Germany's largest concentration camp and extermination camp. Auschwitz was actually three camps in one: a prison camp, an extermination camp and a slave-labour camp. As the most lethal of the Nazi extermination camps, Auschwitz has become the emblematic site of the "final solution," a virtual synonym for the Holocaust. Between 1.1 and 1.5 million people died at Auschwitz; 90% of them were Jews. Also among the dead were some 19,000 Roma who were held at the camp until the Nazis gassed them on July 31, 1944—the only other victim group gassed in family units alongside the Jews. The Poles constituted the second largest victim group at Auschwitz, where some 83,000 were killed or died.
It happened. And America is being positioned to make this type of horror happen again for all deemed "deplorable."
As the Jewish people and other "deplorables" were rounded up, German Christians and other citizens turned their heads, afraid of getting involved. After all, they just wanted things to get back to normal. They willingly gave up freedom for safety and provision. To show their papers became routine. Not many fussed when Jews had to wear a yellow star designating them "deplorables." As long as it didn't affect the other citizens, they went along to get along. They remained silenced in fear.
By the time people truly figured out what was happening, it was too late. They were firmly under the control of the communist regime, having given away their freedom without resistance.
America mirrors that takeover today. Christians once again turn their heads, afraid of getting involved, wanting simply for things to "get back to normal." News flash. The "normal" we knew is gone for good.
As the Biden administration continues to gobble up our freedoms and push through bills of their corrupt agenda to permanently shift America into a socialist/communist country, many churches still sit back closed and silenced. They mistakenly believe if they comply, things will "get back to normal."
The greatest takeover of American liberties has already passed in the House with bill HR 1. It is now in the Senate, as Congress continues to shift rules to allow them unhindered control, such as removing the filibuster. They ignore the Constitution—and many American citizens still turn their heads unwilling to admit what is right before our eyes.
If we are willing to look with discernment, the mask mandate was simply an outward expression of the silencing of truth. As I walk through stores in a state where the mandate has been lifted, still around 95% of shoppers are voluntarily masked. Some even now insist it's the "Christian thing to do" and will voluntarily report or confront their neighbor for refusing to comply. Again, Hitler would have been proud.
History does repeat itself. Let's look back to biblical days. The disciples of Jesus were also "masked" or silenced after Jesus was crucified. They were terrified they would be next. They were shut up and shut in.
"Now when it was evening on that day, the first day of the week, and when the doors were shut where the disciples were together due to fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood in their midst, and said to them, "Peace be to you" (John 20:19, NASB; author emphasis added).
Fear controlled the disciples. But it certainly wasn't without justification. However, Jesus appeared in their midst to give four important instructions which are an important word for us today:
1. He imparted peace. The word in the Greek is eirene which means He imparted "quietness, rest and prosperity," similar to the word shalom. When he wished peace/prosperity upon them, it wasn't just a word for wealth as we often think. It was a word pregnant with blessing. It meant safety, rest, restoration of that which was lost or stolen, blessing and, yes, wealth.
2. He then said, "I send you." It wasn't a time for them to remain silent, and it isn't a time for us to be shut in and silenced. Instead, there is a call in which He is sending us out just as the disciples were to impact the world. He doesn't want us consumed by fear and cowering. He wanted them and us to go out in power and set the captives free!
3. He breathed on them, "Receive the Holy Spirit." He didn't just send them out in their own strength. He empowered them. They became presence-carriers as they went out in the power and protection of the Holy Spirit to do signs, wonders and miracles. That same power is available to us today if we are willing to walk out of fear and out of the shut in/shut up fear and usher in revival and the gospel of Christ.
4. Forgive their sins. This is going to mess with many—and I know it messed with me—but I didn't say it, Jesus did. He told the disciples as He sent them out, "If you forgive the sins of any, their sins have been forgiven. If you retain the sins of any, they have been retained."
A friend shared recently as she was sitting at the bed of a distant relative who was in the final stages of life, she felt impressed to speak those words over him. "I forgive your sins," she said. They are released. Be at peace, you can go now."
Although the relative could no longer speak, she said his eyes were wide open, and she could see his features visibly relax. She instructed him how to accept the Lord and renounce the past. All of this could not be heard outwardly, as he was non-verbal at that stage. Yes, she said, the peace that was evident on his face spoke volumes. He died later that night.
When Jesus was on the earth and healed the sick, He often said, "Your sins are forgiven. Now go and sin no more" (emphasis mine). We don't just go around absolving sin so that people have a false sense of eternity and continue to walk in sin. That's not what I'm saying. I'm simply saying what Jesus instructed his disciples to do. And so why do we miss that important instruction today? Why do we stay shut in and shut up?
We are at a critical crossroad, and we each have a choice to make. Will we get up and go out in the power of the spirit? Or will we timidly turn our heads in hopes we won't be noticed? Will we get our digital certificates and travel passports, so we produce our papers when requested and hopefully go about life as normal as possible?
Will we be silenced by "woke," or will we really wake up and see the similarities of our day and refuse to repeat the horror of the past as they demand, "Your papers please."
Karen Hardin is the author INFECTED: How to Stop the Global Spread of Rage, Deception and Insanity. To order, click here. She is a literary agent, author and intercessor. Her work has appeared in USA Today, World Net Daily, Intercessors For America, Charisma, cbn.com, The Elijah List and more. She is also co-founder of the City-by-City prayer movement to save our nation. For additional information on her ministry, business or to sign up for her prophetic blog go to karenhardin.com or you can contact her at prioritypr.org.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details