An Atlanta pastor's family and church family were left reeling with grief and questions after an unexpected fatal shooting.
A member of Higher Dimensions Church International in Decatur, Georgia, announced Pastor Kevin D. Nick's death in a Facebook post on Saturday, March 16, 2021.
"He was certainly a general in the kingdom and will be greatly missed by all whose life he so fervently touched," Tremaine Thomas said of Nick. Though they are heavy-hearted, the congregation says, "we rejoice knowing he is at peace with his God."
The beloved pastor, it seems, was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Two shootings were reported in the area of Nick's home and church Friday evening, though authorities have not said if they were connected. DeKalb County police found Nick in his car, crashed between two trees. He was unconscious, without a pulse and with multiple gunshot wounds.
Witnesses told the authorities following the shooting that two carsful of people surrounded Nick's SUV, and one person got out, asking if he were "Terrance."
Police arrested a 16-year-old boy on Saturday but have not said whether he's the shooter, WSBTV reports.
Left with an open investigation and the reality of life without a beloved faith leader, Higher Dimensions Church members turn to their heavenly Father for peace and comfort.
Time is most certainly filled with swift transition. It's hard to grasp that I was just with you 30 days ago celebrating...Posted by Ivory Jenkins Jr. on Tuesday, March 16, 2021
They rejoice that Nick's life, though cut short, "ended in victory."
HDCI, Many of us are still hurt and grieving right now. Even though our leader Apostle Kevin D Nick life was ended...Posted by D Demond Seals on Tuesday, March 16, 2021
The community has rallied around the family in their time of need and looks toward the promise of being together in life everlasting one day.
Woke up getting ready to do my daily "Good Morning General" text to my buddy Apostle Kevin D Nick and just remembered...Posted by Adrian Ferguson on Monday, March 15, 2021
And until then, Nick's loved ones encourage any who have information regarding the shooter to report it to Atlanta authorities.
Follow breaking news like this and more in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details