In his new book, Hope for This Present Crisis, Dr. Michael Youssef tackles the modern-day problem of people who engage in militant and misdirected social justice activism. Youssef explains, "These people act as 'warriors' who consider themselves enlightened or 'woke' and who believe it is their duty to ensure that everyone shares their point of view, no matter what method they must use to carry out this duty.
"Increasingly radical activists are telling us not only what we can and can't say, but what we must say—or else," Youssef says. "The radicals exert pressure to enforce one point of view, even though it's an extreme minority view. They allow no deviation, no nuance, no objection. Disagree with even one aspect of their agenda, and they will cancel you, shame you and ruin you.
"Wokeness is a religion. It has no God, but it has all the other trappings of a bullying, self-righteous, pharisaic religion. It demands absolute faith and mindless obedience. It has creeds and dogmas that no one dares to violate. Its doctrines can change without warning, and any who do not get the memo will be stoned as heretics. People who transgress the rules of the wokeness religion may spend a lifetime atoning for their sin—but they will never be forgiven. Wokeness is a religion without grace or mercy."
1. Christians should morally and spiritually purify themselves—turning from sin and turning to God for forgiveness and restoration. He has promised, "If My people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray, and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and will heal their land" (2 Chron. 7:14).
2. Christians should pray for our nation. Youssef urges believers to thank God for our country and ask Him to send revival. Pray for God to turn every church and home into a house of prayer; ask Him to purify His people so that the bride of Christ would be faithful and holy; and ask Him to set us apart as His followers, consecrated to His service and the preaching of His gospel.
3. Christians should persevere in sharing the gospel with everyone around them. Whether people receive the Good News with joy or reject it, never give up. Never stop witnessing.
Youssef was born in Egypt and lived in Lebanon and Australia before coming to the United States and fulfilling a childhood dream of becoming an American citizen. He holds degrees from Moore College in Sydney, Australia, and Fuller Theological Seminary in California, with a Ph.D. in social anthropology from Emory University. He founded The Church of The Apostles, which was the launching pad for Leading The Way's international ministry. Youssef has authored more than 40 books, including popular titles like Jesus, Jihad and Peace and Saving Christianity?
Youssef is the host of the popular TV and radio broadcast Leading the Way with Dr. Michael Youssef, which airs more than 13,000 times every week across six continents in 26 languages—reaching audiences in nearly every major city in the world. His programs attract tens of millions of viewers weekly in the U.S. on major TV networks, including TBN, Daystar, Fox Business, Lifetime, GOD TV, CTN, NRB TV and more.
Equipped with a keen understanding of the Bible, the Middle East, sociological trends in the Western world and popular Christian worldview issues, Youssef is a sought-after voice whose expertise is regularly requested on both secular and Christian media, including Huckabee, Fox & Friends, Eric Metaxas, The Hugh Hewitt Show, The Christian Post, Fox News, Hannity, Glenn Beck, The 700 Club and more. He and his wife reside in Atlanta and have four grown children and 10 grandchildren.
Hope for This Present Crisis is published by FrontLine, an imprint of Charisma House.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details