Today people from all walks of life and every corner of the earth celebrate International Women's Day. In many places, women are seen as the inferior sex with fewer rights, freedoms and liberties afforded them. But followers of Jesus, both historical and modern-day, know the value and culturally uncommon esteem He placed on women time and again. From offering the woman at the well living water to revealing Himself first to Mary Magdalene at the tomb after His resurrection, Jesus valued, cared for and respected women.
During this holiday, female faith leaders around the country celebrate the opportunities to shine in their God-given purposes.
Ruth Hendrickson, host of Real Truth With Ruth on the Charisma Podcast Network, reflects on God's faithfulness in her ministerial journey.
Am I the only one that gets tired of seeing the trivial things women are "fighting" for in this country? I'm blessed...Posted by Cissie Graham Lynch on Monday, March 8, 2021
Hendrickson adds, "Keep holding on tight to the Lord. Don't let your God-given vision for your life fade. Don't let anyone tell you that it is impossible. God has plans and purposes for your life.
"People may tell you that you are too young, don't have the right education—God knows right where you are at in your life," she says. "He knows the timing and how things will unfold. You are created to make an impact! Never underestimate your value, voice or position for the kingdom of God."
Candice Smithyman, prophetic revivalist, healing minister and pastor of Freedom Destiny Church in Orange Park, Florida, highlights the specific spheres of influence God has entrusted women with to accomplish His plans on the earth. "You are needed!" says the host of the Manifest His Presence podcast. Today on International Women's Day, Smithyman urges women to remember they are "God's heartbeat to those who are lost and in need."
Kathy DeGraw, well-known prophetic deliverance minister and host of Prophetic Spiritual Warfare, agrees with these encouragements. She speaks to her fellow sisters in Christ as she stresses the importance of embracing their unique Spirit-filled calling in order to manifest the Lord's presence on earth:
"Don't look at the areas in which you are different as weaknesses but look at them as a uniqueness the Lord has given you to impact and impart into other people."
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details