The late Chadwick Boseman has posthumously won the Golden Globe award for best actor in a motion picture-drama for his work in Ma Rainey's Black Bottom, which his wife, Simone Ledward Boseman, accepted on his behalf.
Through tears, she highlighted Boseman's faith, saying he would thank God first.
"He would thank God. He would thank his parents. He would thank his ancestors for their guidance and their sacrifices," Simone said.
Chadwick Boseman broke down barriers as a Black actor, best known for his role as King T'Challa in Black Panther, and in her acceptance speech, Simone thanked all who helped Boseman reach great heights before his death at 43.
As if in keeping with the groundbreaking moments of his career, this is also the first time in history the Golden Globes for both best actor and best actress in a motion picture (drama) have been awarded to Black actors.
Even though admitting she didn't "have his words," Simone said her husband would use this award as a way to encourage others to go after their God-given dreams, "He would say something beautiful, something inspiring, something that would amplify that little voice inside of all of us that tells you, 'You can,' that tells you to keep going, that calls you back to what you are meant to be doing at this moment in history."
The Golden Globes even ensured the next generation would always know and remember Chadwick Boseman's inspiring legacy with a tribute video.
In addition to his cast and crew, Simone thanked a number of influential actors in Boseman's life, including his mentor, Denzel Washington. Speaking during the American Film Institute Life Achievement Award ceremony, Boseman quoted Ephesians 3:20, telling Denzel Washington, "May God bless you exceedingly and abundantly more for what's in store than He ever has before."
After his death in August 2020 to stage 4 colon cancer, many spoke of the young actor's legacy. But it was his childhood pastor who saw past Boseman's career success to the man of faith he was at his core.
"When I see him, it's almost like seeing my own child, he's still Chad," the minister told WHNS-TV. "He did a lot of positive things within the church and within the community. With him singing in the choir, with him working the youth group, he always was doing something, always helping out, always serving. That was his personality."
Follow breaking news like this and more in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details