Steven Fry, co-lead pastor of The Gate Church in Franklin, Tennessee and founding member and president of Messenger Fellowship, has announced the Feb. 24 death of his father, longtime Assemblies of God pastor Gerald Fry.
Gerald Fry was the former pastor of Calvary Community Church (Assemblies of God) in San Jose, California, which he led to a membership of 4,000. He and his church were prominent in the Assemblies of God in the 1970s and 1980s.
Steven Fry's Facebook post spoke of his "profound sense of sadness yet a strong note of confident assurance" in his father's death and entrance into heaven, noting, "There are many thousands of people scattered all over the world who have been deeply impacted by his ministry. The legacy he has left his children and grandchildren is a treasure trove of wisdom and insight. But even more so, the example he set for us of a man who, all his life, was deeply committed to glorifying Christ in absolutely everything."
Precious friends and extended family, it is with both a profound sense of sadness yet a strong note of confident...Posted by Messenger Fellowship on Wednesday, February 24, 2021
In the introduction to In Pursuit of His Glory, one of the books Gerald authored as "a quest to know the power and presence of God," prominent charismatic pastor Jack Hayford wrote, "Gerry Fry is a dear man with a heart for God and a heart for people."
Gerald's other book, Finding Freedom, is described as "a journey to walk in the Spirit-controlled life."
In their retirement, Gerald and his wife, Peggy, founded Mount Hermon Ministries, "a ministry dedicated to equipping, training and bringing restoration to local churches and church leadership."
Gerald Fry leaves behind his wife, Peggy; his son, Steven Fry (Nancy); and his daughters Shannon (Mike) and Candace (Steve) and six grandchildren. Memorial arrangements have not yet been announced.
Please join the Charisma News staff in praying for Pastor Fry's family and for all those touched by his extensive ministry.
Follow breaking news like this and more in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details