Dwelling in first-love passion is not a novel concept. In fact, it can be reality for us as believers. Instead of contending for this reality, many of us believe the lie that being "in love with Jesus" is merely a honeymoon phase in our lives, and over time we become more calm, cool and collected about our relationship with Him.
This is a debilitating lie that, if believed, can inflict much harm on our spiritual growth and maturity in Christ. No matter what you've heard, you don't need to agree with the lie that over time it's okay to lose your passion for Jesus and His gospel. Don't believe the lie of "honeymoon phases" with the Lord because God is too good, and Jesus is too glorious for us to lose our awe, wonder and attraction to who He is.
It is not OK to play church, go through the motions, try to say and do all the right things and all the while have a form of godliness but lack the power of God resident within us and flowing through us.
In Michael Lombardo's new podcast series titled First Love Fire, he lays a strong biblical foundation on this subject, but he also outlines for believers the common hindrances many get entangled in that woo us away from simplicity of undivided devotion to Jesus. Its vital importance makes this one of Lombardo's lengthiest series to date.
If the bride of Christ is to truly rise and shine and manifest the blameless nature of Christ in a dark and hurting world, we need to feast on Jesus, the Word of God, and abide in His presence continually. There are many reasons why a believer would stray from first love, and the Scriptures give us wisdom on how to remain steadfast, immovable and focused on the one thing that truly matters: knowing Him.
In the third part of this series on the Awaken Podcast, Lombardo shares about overcoming busyness and distractions in our daily lives so we can abide with the Lord and enjoy His presence. Not only do the obviously sinful and harmful things in life distract God's people, but the seemingly innocent things in life can pull us away from Him as well.
Tune in to find out more, and check out this nine-part series by Michael Lombardo weekly to learn how to burn for the Lord all the days of your life.
Follow breaking news like this and more in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details