More and more, science is proving that a healthy digestive system is the key to a healthy brain and body. In his new book, Dr. Colbert's Healthy Gut Zone, Colbert helps readers "unlearn" everything medical experts have been teaching about healthy eating for the last three decades and reveals the true path to digestive health through proper diet supported by nutritional supplements.
"With the gut, the underlying foundation is always that of making it healthy again," Colbert writes. "When the gut is healthy, people are usually happy. That is always the focus, no matter what—I always tell my patients to 'feed the good!'"
According to Colbert, "feeding the good" means feeding the good bacteria in the gut what they need to be happy, healthy and effective. It is important to eat gut-friendly foods such as those listed below.
1. Salads and vegetables: About one-half to two-thirds of each lunch and dinner should be raw or cooked veggies. The core or base of the "Healthy Gut Zone Diet" is veggies because that is what your gut needs the most. There are endless recipe options and ways to prepare salads, soups, vegetables and toppings.
2. Proteins: It is necessary to get protein from a variety of sources with almost every meal or snack. About one-fourth to one-third of each lunch and dinner should be protein.
3. Everything else: In addition to the veggies and proteins are the fruits, fats, flours, resistant starches and other things that accompany the "Healthy Gut Zone Diet." It is "everything else" that goes along with the veggies and proteins. These are important and healthy additions.
As described above, the core of Dr. Colbert's Healthy Gut Zone Diet is feeding the good bacteria in your gut the things that they need. This includes probiotics, prebiotics, polyphenols, fiber and resistant starches. "All combined, gut bacteria will thrive on this mix of ingredients," Colbert explains.
Bestselling author Don Colbert, M.D., explains in his new book, Dr. Colbert's Healthy Gut Zone, without hesitation that fantastic health benefits are realized when the gut heals itself. Colbert's newly released book is available through Amazon, Barnes & Noble, BAM, Christianbook, Indiebound and Walmart.
Don Colbert, M.D. was a board-certified family practice doctor for more than 25 years in Orlando, Florida, and most recently in Dallas, Texas. He is also board-certified in antiaging medicine through the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine and has received extensive training in nutritional and preventative medicine. He is the author of three New York Times bestselling books, including Let Food Be Your Medicine, The Seven Pillars of Health and Dr. Colbert's "I Can Do This" Diet along with bestsellers Toxic Relief, the Bible Cure series, Living in Divine Health and Stress Less. He has sold more than 10 million books and treated more than 50,000 patients in his years of practicing medicine.
Dr. Colbert's Healthy Gut Zone is published by Siloam, an imprint of Charisma House.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details