In a generous show of support, a New Orleans, Louisiana, church has paid $125,000 toward its congregants' electricity bills.
Supporters started the fundraiser to provide for Household of Faith Family Worship Church International members' needs in the most tangible way they knew how, as extended periods of time at home and the drop in temperatures have increased homeowners' bills.
"Our hope is to encourage the community to never give up and when you think there's no help, out of the blue help steps in," First Lady Dale Barriere explained to The Christian Post.
The inspiration for this selfless act came directly from God, Barriere says. "Our prayer was how can we help those who are hurting and He said [give] $100 [checks] towards Entergy bill[s]." Pastor Antoine M. Barriere said they gave generously for one simple fact: "Because God said so."
The church initially raised the first $50,000 and the energy company Entergy matched their donations. The community of Harvey, Louisiana, in which the church's three campuses are located, donated an additional $25,000. Ultimately, the "Power Is Present" outreach impacted 1,250 families.
This weekend was AMAZING! Our Power is Present Outreach blessed 1,250 families! Thank U Household!Posted by Household of Faith on Sunday, January 31, 2021
The outreach is just one of many ways in which Household of Faith encourages a spirit of giving to those in need. Like many faith communities during the Christmas season, Household of Faith hosts a shoe drive to provide new shoes for children.
And their food bank provides nonperishables for those who need assistance with groceries.
These efforts are to reflect Household of Faith's mission to build "believers who worship Christ strong in faith, family and finances all to fulfill the Word of God."
Follow breaking news like this and more in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details