While you may have heard of Queen Esther of biblical fame, did you know her legacy extends far beyond ancient times?
Museum of the Bible will host "Esther in America" on Feb. 11, an event in celebration of Rabbi Stuart Halpern's newest book of the same title. Halpern received his rabbinic ordination from Rabbi Chaim Brovender and currently serves as the senior adviser to the provost and the senior program officer of the Straus Center for Torah and Western Thought at Yeshiva University, where he holds a doctorate in education from the Azrieli Graduate School of Education and Administration. Halpern has edited and co-edited more than a dozen books, including Proclaim Liberty Throughout the Land: The Hebrew Bible in the United States, a No. 1 bestseller on Amazon. He has lectured around the world, and his writings have been featured in Tablet, Jewish Review of Books, Tradition and The Lehrhaus.
Halpern will be joined by Erica Brown, director of The George Washington University's Mayberg Center for Jewish Education and an associate professor of curriculum and pedagogy; Liel Leibovitz, a senior writer for Tablet magazine and a host of the Unorthodox podcast; and Tevi Troy, a presidential historian and a former senior government official. The four scholars will discuss how the book of Esther has been interpreted in the United States and how Esther's story has played a crucial role in American social and political history.
"Esther's extraordinary life—an orphaned Jewish girl becoming queen of the Persian Empire and saving her people from genocide—has inspired people for generations," said Shannon Bennett, director of communications for Museum of the Bible. "I was fortunate to live and study in Israel, whose people are living testaments to Esther's legacy: Her brave actions helped secure the future of a nation. From the pages of Scripture, she continues to urge us to live by faith, act courageously for the welfare of others and lead with humility."
"Esther in America" will be held virtually on Zoom. The event will begin at 7 p.m. EST with the panel discussion and will include a brief question and answer session. Tickets are $9.99 for general admission and $4.99 for Museum of the Bible members and students.
More information on the event is available here.
More information on Museum of the Bible is available here.
Follow breaking news like this and more in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details