Randy and Josh Clark, founder and executive director of Global Awakening, have announced the launch of the ministry's new podcast, Building Bridges. The introduction to the podcast says the ministry intends it as a voice of reason and truth, one that calls the church to the unity of the Spirit in a way that doesn't demand conformity.
In the first episode of Building Bridges, the Clarks hosted prophets Kris Vallotton, senior associate leader of Bethel Church in Redding, California; Kim Maas of Kim Maas Ministries and Christian futurist Mark Chironna for "a review of the happenings within the charismatic movement surrounding the recent election and the prophetic words that President Trump would win," Josh explains.
Josh says future episodes will be hosted by different pairings of people within the Global Awakening ministry; each will focus on "leveraging the prophetic mandate over this ministry to be a bridge builder" with the ultimate goal of enriching the body and building up the church.
Josh points to his father's long history in the charismatic-Pentecostal movement as a former Vineyard pastor and to the high value the ministry places on the gifts of the Spirit, including the gift of prophecy. But he also says Global Awakening sees "confusion and division" in today's church surrounding the election and the prophecies.
As a part of the podcast, both Vallotton and Maas shared words of apology and repentance (which both have shared in longer form) for their part in prophesying Trump's reelection. (See Vallotton's apology here and Maas' here). Vallotton says he thinks his view of God's sovereignty caused him to take his prophecy "too far." He describes his own prophetic ministry as "excellent but not perfect."
Maas confesses her own errors in allowing what she believed to be true to grow as she heard confirming words from other prophets. "That's what I repented of, that I got the word wrong because in my insecurity I allowed other prophets to be the voice of confirmation for a prophetic word other than the Lord," she says. She references her own broken-heartedness over this entire issue, adding, "There was such division among the prophetic people and in the prophetic community; how could you say something was not wrong?"
Chironna adds to the discussion by pointing to the nature of New Testament prophecy, saying that many of those who are disparaging modern prophets don't understand the 1 Corinthians 14 teaching about the need for the community to judge prophetic words. "The Thessalonians struggled with despising prophecies for the very reason that we're in this situation today, I'm sure," he says. "And Paul says, 'Yeah, don't shut it down. Don't kill it. just develop a culture that actually judges the prophetic word and takes what's good and gets rid of what isn't.'"
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details