No matter how badly we desire to believe it, Christians aren't immune to experiencing hard times and tragedy. If you read through the Scriptures, the children of God have had to endure cruelty, persecution, pestilence, martyrdom and so much more.
Jesus never promised us a smooth path free from pain and struggles, but He did promise that He'd be with us and that He'd never leave us or forsake us. He promised that life would always spring forth from death and all things would work together for our good because we love Him and we're called according to His purposes.
2020 has been a tough year for countless believers around the globe. Whether financial, mental, spiritual or dealing with health issues, we've all had to endure pain and trial or knew someone personally who has. God wants to equip us with the tools so we can posture ourselves properly in times of testing, and so we can come out the other side stronger and victorious in Him.
In John 11, you find the story of Mary, Martha and Lazarus. Lazarus got sick and died, and it left Martha and Mary with questions only Jesus could answer. They asked Jesus to come and heal their brother, but He tarried where He was. Because Jesus delayed in coming, Lazarus died, and the sisters felt hopeless and even hurt at Jesus. They thought, Why didn't He come right away? or He has healed so many people He didn't know well, why not Lazarus whom He loved?
It's natural to get offended at God when we don't understand why certain circumstances are taking place in our lives. But Jesus even said Himself, offenses will come, but "blessed is he who is not offended because of Me" (Matt. 11:6, NKJV).
It is imperative that as believers we learn to trust God, press into His presence and receive from Him in every season. Not only in the mountaintop season where all is going well, but also in the valley when all seems hopeless.
In Michael Lombardo's latest teaching series, titled Dealing with Hardship, on the Awaken Podcast, you'll receive many tools to walk through the waters and fire with the Lord. We may not have all the answers, but we do have Jesus, our one true answer and solution to all the mess of life.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details