Thousands have signed a petition calling for the termination of Franklin Graham from his positions at Samaritan's Purse and at the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association.
His supposed encouragement of the Capitol riots by way of showing his support for former President Donald J. Trump.
The Faithful America petition likens Graham to "blasphemous preachers" who "must be held accountable for their deadly dishonesty."
The assertive language expressed in the letter goes so far as to say Graham's actions have soiled his family's legacy.
"Graham gets away with his hatred and conspiracy-theories by hiding behind the humanitarian work of Samaritan's Purse and his late father's name. It's time for Samaritan's Purse and the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association (BGEA) to realize that by propping up Franklin's unchristian extremism, they are abandoning their Gospel missions, undermining democracy, and helping incite white-nationalist sedition."
In a comment to the Associated Press, along with other faith leaders, Graham condemned the violence.
"I do not support violence from the right or the left," he said. "Our country is in trouble. We need God's healing and we need God's help."
In fact, Graham further encouraged believers to pray for President Biden and the incoming inauguration.
The division in our country is as great as any time since the Civil War. I am calling on Christians to unite our hearts together in prayer for President-elect @JoeBiden and Vice President-elect @KamalaHarris, and for the leadership in both parties.— Franklin Graham (@Franklin_Graham) January 7, 2021
Paul Saber, who serves on the board of directors for both the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association and Samaritan's Purse, came to Graham's defense.
Saber said both organizations "fully support Franklin Graham and are more than satisfied with the job he has done and is doing in leading these ministries. Franklin Graham was not in Washington, D.C., and he did not encourage people to go to the Capitol on Jan. 6."
And Saber isn't the only one defending Graham. While some are criticizing Graham for supporting former President Donald J. Trump, others are recognizing his leadership in Spirit-led healing and evangelism efforts throughout suffering communities.
Faithwire.com reported on the multiple efforts the BGEA and Samaritan's Purse have initiated to provide relief to health care workers as the stress of COVID-19 takes its toll on hospitals around the country.
Of this project, Graham told Faithwire, "We are there in Jesus' name. It's just something God has done, and it's given us the opportunity to magnify His name in the middle of a crisis."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details