One of the enemy's biggest lies is that somehow fame, fortune, notoriety and success will bring us true and lasting happiness. Humans toil restlessly to gain these things, and they go through tremendous fetes to possess them.
We see this in Scripture with King Solomon in the book of Ecclesiastes. He lists all of his accomplishments, talents and material possessions all to say, "vanity of vanities, all is futile" (Eccl. 1:2b). Not only are we as humans still left empty and wanting when we have these luxuries, but they can also lead us down dangerous paths that bring destruction into our lives.
Drug abuse, perversion, gambling and more, the list could go on. Money and fame prove to be too much for many individuals, and they drown in its deceit.
This is the story of world-renowned baseball player Darryl Strawberry. He had all of the above, and it led him into addictions of all kinds, a partying lifestyle and deep perversion. At one point, he was so broken and defeated that he didn't even want to live, all while so many in the world looked up to him as a role model.
In the darkness that encompassed Darryl, he cried out to the Lord and experienced the grace and mercy of Jesus Christ. He began to pursue the Lord with everything, and now he travels the world sharing the Good News of the gospel and the power of God to transform our lives from darkness to light.
On the latest episode of Awaken Podcast, Michael Lombardo speaks with Darryl Strawberry about his life story and how he overcame the demons of his past. He points the listener to the love and grace of Jesus Christ and how Christ alone has the power to change lives.
He shares about how following Jesus is the key to happiness, success and fruitfulness for every person. He shares story after story about how the Lord led Him through the valleys of life and brought him to a place where now he gets to share his testimony with the masses and see lives transformed like his own. Tune in to be encouraged and strengthened in your faith.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details