Media bias is nothing new to America. It's been going on for a long time. But today, whether it's news about COVID-19 or Donald Trump—a new breed of journalists is advancing political narratives. They're slanting opinions—and even the outcome of our elections.
In this era of fake news and social media censorship, Americans are showing little trust in mainstream media. A Gallup poll taken just prior to the election found that only 9% of those questioned trust the media a great deal. One-third said they don't trust the media at all.
Sharyl Attkisson is a veteran journalist, former CBS investigative reporter and host of the Sunday morning program, Full Measure. Her new book is Slanted: How the News Media Taught us to Love Censorship and Hate Journalism.
"They're simply there to put forth a narrative. They are not acting as news as we once knew it or as journalists as we traditionally understood them to be," Attkisson explained. "They are simply trying to forward certain political or corporate interests."
Research psychologist Dr. Robert Epstein believes Google helped shift a minimum of six million votes in the 2020 election. The former Psychology Today editor-in-chief says the big tech giant did it by manipulating search results to favor Democrats.
Attkisson believes big media influenced the election outcome by playing what she calls the "substitution game."
"When you know that but for the name being changed to a different party something would be handled entirely differently, you know there is a narrative at play or someone trying to manipulate an outcome or public opinion.," she insisted. "And I would like to ask the question: When it comes to the election, how would it have been covered if not for the narrative? How would this have been covered if journalists had approached this from a neutral standpoint? I think you have a whole different landscape if that had been the case—both building up to this election and what's happened since."
Conservatives argue that Donald Trump's presidency would have proceeded differently had the media not obsessed over Russian campaign collusion. Robert Mueller's two-year, $32 million investigation put the allegations to rest, but few journalists offered apologies or corrections for false reporting.
For the original article, visit cbnnews.com.
Reprinted with permission from CBN.com. Copyright The Christian Broadcasting Network Inc., All rights reserved.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details