I awakened the other morning with a Spanish word that I wasn't quite sure what it meant, "basta." It means enough, fed up, I've had all I'm going to take.
I felt from the Holy Spirit, as I was praying, that there was this spirit of weariness that is coming on people. It's actually demonic. It's saying, you're never going to get ahead. It makes you tired emotionally. The Bible says in Daniel 7:25 that he's going to persecute—or Satan will persecute— or wear out the saints. I felt that this was like a wearying spirit.
Some of you are going to relate to this. You just feel so tired all the time, you feel, and it's not a natural tiredness. It's a soul-tiredness, where you just feel like you can't get up, you can't move, you can't do anything, and I literally heard the Holy Spirit say, "Basta!"
"Fed up, get up," to the powers of darkness around you. The Lord would say, "You cannot let yourself go down in your destiny due to the weariness of the battle. You cannot let yourself be robbed of the blessings I have for you because you are too tired to fight anymore."
The Lord would say this morning, "Basta! Stop!" to the enemy. And I want to agree with that, I want to bind that spirit of weariness; I want to bind that which is coming against you. I just feel like the Holy Spirit wants to give you a refreshing. He wants to do something extraordinary for you. He wants to cause you to be able to shake off yesterday's troubles, yesterday's anxieties.
I see you've gotten into panic mode, where you're spiraling down and down and down. I just say to the enemy, basta, stop it, in the name of Jesus. I say to your spirit, rise up! There is a refreshing in the presence of the Lord. There's a rest in God that you can come to.
I'm thinking of Psalm 23, that He's leading you beside green pastures and still waters for His name's sake. I'm feeling something break. It's breaking off of you. It's breaking off you emotionally, It's breaking off you physically, and sometimes, I just feel for the Lord that you cannot separate, and even that's happened to me before, you cannot separate a natural weariness, which we get weary, but from a demonic weariness that is pressing you down. So, this morning, we say enough, stop, basta to what is coming against you.
I speak the peace of God into your soul, and I just want you to receive it. Just receive it by faith, and the Lord would say, "I am giving you an anointing of strength to resist the devil so he'll flee from you, and just enter into My rest."
Well, God bless you. I love that word. I'm applying it to my own life.
Cindy Jacobs is an author, speaker and teacher with a heart for discipling nations in the areas of prayer and prophetic gifts. She and Mike—her husband of 43 years—co-founded Generals International in 1985.
This article originally appeared at generals.org.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details