Christian singer and American Idol alum Colton Dixon and his wife, Annie, are delighted over the fact that their identical twin girls, Ava Dior ("Dior") and Athens Elizabeth, arrived on Aug. 18. "We are over the moon to experience life with these twin girls," the couple told People magazine.
The Dixons' happy ending, however, did not come without its scary moments. After a 30-hour labor followed by an emergency C-section, Dior was born with no pulse. Dixon told People, "In that moment, we had a choice: faith or fear," he said. "We watched and prayed as the doctors and nurses resuscitated our daughter back to life."
"After several days in the NICU, Dior was able to join us at home, happy and healthy. That was a great day," he added. "Life doesn't always happen the way we want it to, but we believe that life is more about the way we respond to things than what happens to us. We thank God and our amazing doctors and nurses for our two little miracles."
Dixon also shared the family's miracle on Twitter, explaining, "We originally wanted to keep this story in the dark, but realized that this is a story of hope that needs to be heard. Just because a situation looks dark or grim doesn't mean that you agree with it or give it control over the outcome." He added later in the thread, "Sometimes we have to fight. Our word[s] are a weapon. Our praise is a weapon. God declared us victorious as His sons and daughter, but according to His word, we have to agree with Him. ... Also, are they not the CUTEST EVER."
We originally wanted to keep this story in the dark, but realized that this is a story of hope that needs to be heard. Just because a situation looks dark or grim doesn't mean that you agree with it or give it control over the outcome.— Colton Dixon (@coltondixon) September 3, 2020
Read: https://t.co/BarrFqzHoj pic.twitter.com/lGX2R4j0Ri
Sharing a photo of the newborns' tiny toes, Dixon and his wife told People, "They truly are our two little miracles."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details