Most of us are familiar with the Bible verse from Psalm 91:11: "for He shall give His angels charge over you to guard you in all your ways."
And most of us know the verse about entertaining angels unaware. But do we believe angels actually do intervene in our lives, even rescuing us from danger or death?
Years ago, I wrote an article "Woman's World—Angels Among" about my small cousin being rescued from drowning in the ocean by a stranger who vanished afterward. My own son testifies of an incident during a rough period of his life of someone putting a loaded gun in his face, pulling the trigger and nothing happening. After the second try, the guy got scared and ran off. It was no coincidence that on that night, his dad and I were interceding over him; praying for God to put angels around him and protect him.
In fact, I believe praying the word of God activates angels. Psalm 103:20 indicates this to be true: "Bless the Lord, you His angels, who are mighty, who do His commands, and obey the voice of His word." This tells us angels heed the voice of the Word. So, as believers, when we speak the Word of God, we give voice to the Word. Or, we become the voice of the Word.
Rebekah Blevins, a pastor's daughter whose life was spinning out of control due to a drug addiction, believes she experienced angelic intervention—twice. Both events involve mysterious phone calls from a stranger to her parents who were praying for her. Both appear to be supernatural mediation that rescued her from death. One even involved physically freeing her when she was trapped and bleeding in her car after a horrible accident. She, like my son, was saved for purpose.
So be encouraged in knowing that praying and speaking the Word of God activates angelic activity in your life and the life of your loved ones. I don't believe we boss angels around or command them, but I do believe we can request their help and set them in motion through speaking the Word of God.
You can hear Rebekah's full account of these amazing events here: Faith Works Podcast.
Lesa Henderson is a prophetic revivalist and author who co-pastors Salt Life Church on Merritt Island, FL with her husband Ken. Together, they travel the world preaching the gospel, co-host Faith Works Podcast and are award-winning filmmakers. You can learn more about their ministry at Cornerstone Global Ministries.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details