How did a drug known for decades as "safe and effective" suddenly become dangerous?
Hydroxychloroquine is so safe that in several nations it's sold over the counter without a prescription. It's been used for 65 years to treat malaria and then lupus. But the media has begun portraying hydroxychloroquine as if it's a public health menace, and this pharmaceutical smear campaign began around the time President Trump started taking it.
"I'm taking it, hydroxychloroquine. Right now, yeah, a couple of weeks ago I started taking it," Trump told reporters on May 18, "Because I think it's good. I've heard a lot of good stories."
What followed were news stories about how hydroxychloroquine is somehow risky to take or that it doesn't work against COVID-19.
And when a group of physicians, calling themselves "America's Frontline Doctors," held a press conference in Washington to educate about COVID-19 and tell the truth about hydroxychloroquine, they got the same treatment that the media has been giving the drug.
Breitbart's video of their press conference accumulated over 17 million views during the eight hours it was hosted on Facebook, but when Donald Trump, Jr., tweeted it, his Twitter account was restricted for sharing "content that may pose a risk to people's health." Then all videos of "America's Frontline Doctors" were stripped from Facebook and YouTube, and their website was taken down.
An avalanche of negative news stories began. These experienced, licensed physicians were called "quacks" and funded by "dark money." USA Today reported the doctors "don't know what they're talking about."
The group's spokesperson, Dr. Simone Gold, told us, "You know, I thought I lived in America. You had a bunch of doctors talking literally about science, getting de-platformed. It's outrageous.
Gold, with over 31 years of experience in the medical field, says she was then let go by a hospital for what it called the "embarrassing video."
"I'm a board-certified emergency room physician. We are pretty hard to come by, and suddenly they don't need me. I mean, it's ridiculous. This is a complete loss of our free speech," Gold said.
And all this over a drug many doctors believe is safer than Tylenol, Motrin and aspirin.
"It works," Gold says about hydroxychloroquine, "We've shown it works and we're still pouring hatred on this medicine."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details