How do we find the spiritual bravery we need to navigate today's challenges? On this episode of theMake Life Matter Podcast, Angela Donadio talks with Mickey Robinson about his life story and his new book, Supernatural Courage.
As a 19-year-old professional skydiver, Mickey Robinson suffered through a plane crash that left him with catastrophic injuries. After a near-death experience, Robinson courageously overcame multiple terminal medical complications and recovered miraculously, as documented in his memoir, Falling Into Heaven. Since his second chance at life, he has been a public speaker nationally and internationally, sharing words of encouragement and hope.
"When God calls us to do something, He doesn't call us to what we can do. He calls us to what we can't do without Him." In spite of his harrowing experience, he said this about serving the Lord: "Being led of the Spirit is the biggest adventure. It's the most perilous, but it's the most rewarding."
When asked what it means to walk in supernatural courage, Robinson shared the story of Joshua and Caleb:
"The Lord actually gave Joshua a commandment to be strong and courageous and do not be dismayed. Don't be shaken up. So, when the Lord calls us, He empowers us. Now, we know that Joshua and Caleb were two of the 12 spies that went out into the land. Ten of them came back and said, 'It's just like the Lord said it would be, but you have to eat these things in front of giants—let's go back.'
"Their negative report caused the hearts of the people to melt. But Joshua and Caleb were of a different spirit. They believed when they first heard it that they could do it. We have to cooperate with the Holy Spirit, believe God, believe God's Word and be people of prayer. Spiritual bravery is a work of the Holy Spirit and our spirit joining together and going forth."
To purchase Robinson's resources and learn more, visit mickeyrobinson.com. To hear the entire interview with Robinson, click here.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details