We have heard much about the negativity surrounding the approach toward conversion therapy. Attempting to change someone's sexuality from homosexuality to heterosexuality via any type of harsh method should be condemned. Decades ago, methods such as shock therapy, ice-pick lobotomies and behavior modification were used in an attempt to "change" the individual.
When people bring up the term "conversion therapy" today, it is usually associated with the assumption that the one doing the counseling or ministering will be the one changing the individual being counseled. This is not the case.
In my ministry, and many others with a heavy emphasis on persons struggling with unwanted same-sex attraction, this type of ministry is never forced, nor are harsh methods used. Quite to the contrary, it's mostly relaxed conversations about the Bible and personal experiences. There is no pressure to change their sexuality or behaviors. I always tell my mentees, "I'm here for you whether you change or not."
God told me a long time ago that He would bring people to me, people whose hearts He has already spoken to but who just need a little guidance along the way. The personal experiences I share help give clarity to the mentees' specific ups and downs, confusions and concerns.
Who better to walk with someone struggling with same-sex attraction than someone who has been through it? Listen to this episode of The Victory Is Greater Than the Struggle for more on the topic of conversion therapy.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details