We have heard much about the negativity surrounding the approach toward conversion therapy. Attempting to change someone's sexuality from homosexuality to heterosexuality via any type of harsh method should be condemned. Decades ago, methods such as shock therapy, ice-pick lobotomies and behavior modification were used in an attempt to "change" the individual.
When people bring up the term "conversion therapy" today, it is usually associated with the assumption that the one doing the counseling or ministering will be the one changing the individual being counseled. This is not the case.
In my ministry, and many others with a heavy emphasis on persons struggling with unwanted same-sex attraction, this type of ministry is never forced, nor are harsh methods used. Quite to the contrary, it's mostly relaxed conversations about the Bible and personal experiences. There is no pressure to change their sexuality or behaviors. I always tell my mentees, "I'm here for you whether you change or not."
God told me a long time ago that He would bring people to me, people whose hearts He has already spoken to but who just need a little guidance along the way. The personal experiences I share help give clarity to the mentees' specific ups and downs, confusions and concerns.
Who better to walk with someone struggling with same-sex attraction than someone who has been through it? Listen to this episode of The Victory Is Greater Than the Struggle for more on the topic of conversion therapy.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer