In a chapter that foretells the crucifixion of the Son of God, the Most High promises to "divide the spoil with the strong" (Isa. 53:12b).
Spoil is plunder taken from an enemy defeated in battle. What enemy is being referred to? And what "spoil" have we inherited?
How can human beings who are beset with weaknesses ever qualify to be called "the strong"?
Four sources of strength make God's people invincible, unconquerable and everlastingly victorious.
No wonder Scripture commands, "Let the weak say, I am strong" (Joel 3:10, KJV). In these chaotic times, we need the revelation of this name that rests on God's people.
- Strong in faith. Romans 4:19-20 says concerning Abraham: "being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead ... but was strong in faith, giving glory to God."
- Strong in the Lord. "Be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might" (Eph. 6:10).
- Strong in the grace of God. "Be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus" (2 Tim. 2:1b).
- Strong in Our weakness. Paul confessed, "a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me ... Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. And He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness' ... Therefore, I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong" (2 Cor. 12:7-10).
Tune into this episode of Discover Your Spiritual Identity titled, The Strong, on the Charisma Podcast Network.
Mike Shreve has been teaching God's Word since 1971, with an emphasis on healing and the prophetic. He has authored 15 books, including the bestselling 65 Promises From God for Your Child. Discover Your Spiritual Identity podcasts are based on Mike Shreve's book Who Am I?. Visit shreveministries.org, facebook.com/shrevemin, twitter.com/shrevemin and instagram.com/mike_shreve.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details