Jeopardy! host Alex Trebek isn't letting his fight with cancer stop him from helping those in need.
Trebek and his wife just helped open a housing facility for the homeless near his Hollywood neighborhood.
The newly opened "Alex and Jean Trebek Community Room" will offer temporary housing to 25 women and 60 men trying to get back on their feet.
The Trebeks say homelessness happens to ordinary people facing bad circumstances, and they deserve help, not judgment.
"I'm not one of those people who thinks that we can't deal with the homeless near my house because that's bad," the game show host said. "I don't feel that way. I wish more people would react in a positive way to reaching out and trying to help their fellow member of the community."
The facility will allow the homeless to "become folks who we know are human beings and can feel that humanity again," Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti said.
The "Alex and Jean Trebek Community Room" is part of "A Bridge Home" program which was started in 2018.
"Bridge housing" provides a temporary location for people experiencing homelessness to become stable again. And residents who move in must find permanent housing before they leave.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.