I was ministering to a young woman who wanted to follow the tug of God on her life. The Holy Spirit was convicting her of her homosexual lifestyle and like many others, she struggled to walk away from the comfort zone she had known for so long.
She could sense that on the other side of obedience were the peace, fullness and rest her soul had been longing for. I found that like her, many others I speak to have difficulty in their pursuit of embodying the character of Christ that sets them free from the snares of the enemy.
It is in this persistent pursuit that we are changed and transformed into the men and women God has called us to become. The pursuit to know Him more, worship Him and serve Him are the building blocks we need to solidify within our daily lives.
These things are the catalyst for change. But all too often, Netflix, stubbornness and our desire for the happiness this world has to offer take precedence over our devotion to God.
Ultimately, it is the fear of the unknown that causes many of us to stay stuck: Stuck between a desire to completely follow God and to stay within our comfort zone of the relationships that have dragged us down spiritually, the fear of failure and the comfort of dysfunction.
Check out my podcast, The Victory > The Struggle as I give a few reasons why some individuals are stuck in the cycle of constantly feeding their flesh and perpetuating the sin in their lives that keeps them from the fullness of God.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details